85-year-old Suffolk man says crooks stole his late wife’s jewelry
Suffolk, Va. – Linwood Privott lost his wife ten years ago and on Saturday a piece of her was stolen. Thieves broke into the 85-year-old’s home and took his wife’s jewelry.
“I came out and they knocked out the window right there,” Privott said.
The 85-year-old left his home late Saturday morning; he was gone no more than a half an hour.
Linwood suspects that whoever did this was waiting for him to leave, and once he did, they pounced.
Privott found his room ravaged; the burglars had gone through his dresser.
The jewelry he longingly wishes he could see his wife in once again was no longer there.
“It feels rough,” Privott said with frustration.
At 85, Privott has seen the neighborhood around his home of 52 years change.
He says it’s gotten worse on North 7th Street. He just didn’t expect his home to be burglarized.
Privott put in a security system to calm his nerves.
Anything close to peace of mind won’t come back to Privott until his wife’s jewelry is returned.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend