Family displaced in Suffolk house fire
Suffolk, Va. – A family of five was displaced in a house fire in Suffolk Friday night.
The single-residence fire happened in the 2200 block of Simons Drive in a rural area off Indian Trail and Old Myrtle Road.
Fire crews received the call at 8:25pm and arrived to find moderate smoke showing from the two-story residence.
Engines 4 and 6, Ladder 6, Rescue 1, Medic 6A, EMS 1, Tankers 1 and 7 and Battalion 1 responded to the scene. The fire was brought under control at 9:07 p.m.
No one was injured in the fire. The family of three adults and two children will be assisted by the American Red Cross.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery