Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Family displaced in Suffolk house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire1n

Suffolk, Va. – A family of five was displaced in a house fire in Suffolk Friday night.

The single-residence fire happened in the 2200 block of Simons Drive in a rural area off Indian Trail and Old Myrtle Road.

Fire crews received the call at 8:25pm and arrived to find moderate smoke showing from the two-story residence.

Engines 4 and 6, Ladder 6, Rescue 1, Medic 6A, EMS 1, Tankers 1 and 7 and Battalion 1 responded to the scene.  The fire was brought under control at 9:07 p.m.

No one was injured in the fire. The family of three adults and two children will be assisted by the American Red Cross.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

 

1 Comment

Comments are closed.