Man arrested after barricading himself inside Chesapeake home
Chesapeake Police are currently investigating a situation after a man barricaded himself inside a home following a reported domestic dispute.
The home is located in the 400 block of Seahorse Run, near Oscar Smith High School.
Police are saying the incident began as a domestic-related incident. They were called to the scene at 3:35 p.m.
The man inside the home reportedly threatened to kill several other people who were also inside. They managed to escape safely.
Negotiators and a SWAT team were called to the scene around 4:30 p.m. The man reportedly surrendered himself to police just before 5:00 p.m.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested