Man arrested after barricading himself inside Chesapeake home
Chesapeake Police are currently investigating a situation after a man barricaded himself inside a home following a reported domestic dispute.
The home is located in the 400 block of Seahorse Run, near Oscar Smith High School.
Police are saying the incident began as a domestic-related incident. They were called to the scene at 3:35 p.m.
The man inside the home reportedly threatened to kill several other people who were also inside. They managed to escape safely.
Negotiators and a SWAT team were called to the scene around 4:30 p.m. The man reportedly surrendered himself to police just before 5:00 p.m.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach