Motorcycle-vehicle crash in James City County
James City County, Va. – James City County Police responded to a call of a motorcycle-vehicle accident in the 6900 block of Richmond Road. The call came in at 2:30PM.
Officials report that a 55 year old man from Lanexa was driving a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle east on Richmond Road when it hit a 2005 Buick Sedan that was coming out of the Colonial Towne Shopping Plaza.
The driver of the buick was 88 year old Helen Christine Cibula of Hopewell. Cibula pulled out in front of the motorcycle to cross Richmond Road to make a left turn. That’s when both vehicles collided.
The driver of the motorcycle was flown via Nightingale to Norfolk Sentara General Hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the Buick was transported with her sister, an 83 year old women from Prince George to Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries. A third passenger, the driver’s twin sister, was not injured.
Cibula was charged with failure to yield the right of way. The crash is still under investigation.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million