Man expected to recover after being shot outside of Norfolk club
Norfolk, Va. – Police are investigating a shooting in Norfolk.
It happened outside Palace on Plume nightclub in the 200 block of East Plume Street in downtown Norfolk.
The man who is now recovering in the hospital, was shot around 1:00 a.m. Friday.
The victim’s condition has improved, police say, and he is expected to make a full recovery.
One person was taken into custody at the scene, but police say that person was not actually related to the incident.
Police have determined that there was some type of altercation that occurred outside of the 200 block of East Plume Street between several individuals. It led to an individual pulling and firing a weapon, according to Chris Amos of the Norfolk Police Department.
The victim was struck, but it is not known if he was the intended target.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery