Man dies after colliding head on with propane truck in Mathews County
Mathews County, Va. – A 28-year-old Gloucester man died on Monday after the truck he was driving collided with a propane truck on Route 198, Buckley Hall Road east of Route 631.
State police say Samuel Thompson was driving a 1990 GMC pick-up truck and was going eastbound when he lost control and ran off of the road. They say he over-corrected and crossed the center line. He then collided head on with a 2006 International propane truck that was going westbound.
Officials say Thompson was not properly restrained and he was ejected from the truck during the accident.
William Paul Jargensen, 51, was driving the propane truck. Police say he was not injured.
Right now, it is not known if alcohol played a factor.
Police are still investigating this incident.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom