Police investigate death of married couple on Shore Drive in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach Police are investigating the death of a married couple in the 3500 block of Shore Drive.
Police say a woman, identified as 45-year-old Tammy Black, was found dead inside a condo at The Chesapeake House after they responded to a call of shots fired. Her husband, 45-year-old Dennie Black, was found dead outside.
Police are not saying how he died but witnesses say that he jumped from the balcony.
Kalle Culotta, who lives nearby, says “obviously something really traumatizing happened and they felt there was no other option”.
Police say that it looks like it could have been a domestic dispute and the potential suspect is the dead husband. There are no reports of anyone else being inside at that time.
The case is being treated as a homicide investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen