Suffolk officials respond to fatal vehicle crash on Route 460
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Police along with Suffolk Fire and Rescue personnel responded to a two vehicle accident on the 5000 block of Pruden Blvd/Route 460. Dispatch was notified of the accident at 3:59PM.
A preliminary investigation reveals that a Ford F-150 truck was hauling firewood when it broke down on the right hand lane on the eastbound side of Route 460-Pruden Blvd. While pulled over, the truck was struck from behind by a minivan.
The driver of the truck, Danny Shelton of Windsor, is suffering from minor injuries and is being treated at Sentara Obici Hospital.
The driver of the minivan, Wilfred R. Gwaltney, did not sustain any injuries.
The passenger of the minivan, 80 year old Josephine Gwaltney of Suffolk, was pronounced deceased upon arrival at Sentara Obici Hospital.
The roadway was temporarily closed for several hours earlier today but were reopened to traffic at 7:50PM.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery