Viral Video: Richmond child can finally hear, can’t stop laughing
‘WATCH THIS: New hearing aids delight Richmond child’
When Dylan Eli was born on Valetine’s Day 2012, he was 11 weeks premature and weighed just 3 pounds, according to WTVR in Richmond, Va.
“The list of ailments Dylan has overcome is long, but most very common in premature infants,” mother India Lipton said. “Very weak and unable to breathe without assistance, Dylan battled a dangerous bacterial infection for 101 days in the NICU.”
Since then, WTVR reports that Dylan Eli has had more than a dozen brain surgeries to “address problems caused by his infection.”
Earlier this year, Dylan Eli’s mothers discovered their son had moderate sensorineural hearing loss, which means he could not hear as well as he should.
This week Dylan Eli’s parents took him to VCU Medical Center to be fitted for his first hearing aids.
Watch his reaction to hearing clearly for the first time!
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found