VIDEO: Seattle bus passengers overpower armed robber
SEATTLE, Wash. — A group of Seattle bus passengers overpowered an armed robber, and police have the video evidence to prove it.
The Seattle Police Department released this surveillance video of the Nov. 25 incident this week. In the footage, you can see a masked man boarding the bus then standing up and pointing his gun in a passenger’s face.
That’s when the passenger made a move to grab the weapon and pushed the robber down the aisle, throwing punches. Other passengers joined in, trying to take the would-be robber down.
The suspect, 19-year-old Trevonnte Brown, is charged with first-degree robbery and attempted armed robbery.
He is being held in the King County Jail on $350,000 bail.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave