Operation Wish List: Diane’s Story
NewsChannel 3 is taking action and getting results for ‘Operation Wish List’!
With your help, children who live in area shelters and transitional housing will wake up Christmas morning with a toy of their very own.
Many of you dropped by last week at our live locations to drop off toys or cash donations, and it wouldn’t have been the same without you!
The Dwelling Place, offered shelter when Diane Lane and her son had nowhere else to turn.
She’s been given a small space, but it makes Diane’s heart full of gratitude.
All that they own is in the small place and in a storage unit. They are waiting for the day when they can afford to move into a place of their own again.
Until then, Diane is grateful for the small things, like the chair she sits in, even if she can’t call it her own.
There`s an expression that applies this time of year, “There but for the grace of God go I.”
Let`s dig deep for Operation Wish List.
Friday is the last day you can drop off a toy at any area Farm Fresh, Tropical Smoothie Café, or Southern Bank.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave