Operation Wish List: Diane’s Story
NewsChannel 3 is taking action and getting results for ‘Operation Wish List’!
With your help, children who live in area shelters and transitional housing will wake up Christmas morning with a toy of their very own.
Many of you dropped by last week at our live locations to drop off toys or cash donations, and it wouldn’t have been the same without you!
The Dwelling Place, offered shelter when Diane Lane and her son had nowhere else to turn.
She’s been given a small space, but it makes Diane’s heart full of gratitude.
All that they own is in the small place and in a storage unit. They are waiting for the day when they can afford to move into a place of their own again.
Until then, Diane is grateful for the small things, like the chair she sits in, even if she can’t call it her own.
There`s an expression that applies this time of year, “There but for the grace of God go I.”
Let`s dig deep for Operation Wish List.
Friday is the last day you can drop off a toy at any area Farm Fresh, Tropical Smoothie Café, or Southern Bank.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen