Update: HAZMAT situation in Rock Creek section of Virginia Beach cleared
UPDATE: The fire department entered the home and found nothing dangerous.
Virginia Beach, Va. – A HAZMAT situation has been reported in the 4100 block of Peridot Drive in Virginia Beach, according to a Virginia Beach Fire Department Spokesperson.
That’s in the Rock Creek section of the city.
Crews have responded to an abandoned structure, allegedly a “potential hazard with suspicious materials inside” officials say.
A HAZMAT team and bomb squad are on the scene.
No injuries have been reported.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen