One man killed, another injured after car hits tree in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – One man was killed and another injured when the car they were driving went out of control and struck a tree on I-264 in Norfolk early Sunday morning.
The 1998 Lexus was traveling eastbound just west of Military Highway when it crashed around 3:16am, according to Virginia State Police.
The passenger, 18-year-old Jocqui Terrell Garry of Portsmouth, died at the scene. The driver, 18-year-old Eric Chavez Lewis of Virginia Beach sustained non-life threatening injuries.
State Police say alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'