One man killed, another injured after car hits tree in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – One man was killed and another injured when the car they were driving went out of control and struck a tree on I-264 in Norfolk early Sunday morning.
The 1998 Lexus was traveling eastbound just west of Military Highway when it crashed around 3:16am, according to Virginia State Police.
The passenger, 18-year-old Jocqui Terrell Garry of Portsmouth, died at the scene. The driver, 18-year-old Eric Chavez Lewis of Virginia Beach sustained non-life threatening injuries.
State Police say alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years