Woman dies after crashing into back of dump truck in Mathews County
Mathews County, Va. – A woman is dead after State Police say she crashed her vehicle into the back of an International dump truck on Friday.
Police were called about the accident at around 2:53 p.m.
They say it happened on Southbound Route 626 which is south of Route 198 in Mathews County.
Police say no one was inside of the truck at the time. It was stopped in the southbound lanes when a 2013 Chrysler 2000 drove into the back of it. The woman inside of the car, identified as Barbara S. Thompson, was killed in the accident.
Police say the truck had its warning lights on and a flagger was standing by and waving and directing traffic.
They say charges could be pending based on case review by the Commonwealth Attorneys Office.
We’ll continue to update this story as more information comes in.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales