Local non-profit to hold shoe giveaway for needy kids
A woman featured on NewsChannel 3′s People Taking Action, is working to bring 1,000 smiles to local kids. Next week with the help of rapper Pusha T of the Clipse, she will continue to try to reach her goal of collecting 1,000 shoes for children in Hampton Roads.
Lizetta McKesson says she wants to help kids walk into a brighter future.
She is the founder of the organization, 1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles and she has worked with several retailers and businesses who have helped to support her mission.
She recently partnered with Pusha T and he was able to help her get in touch with Adidas. The company has also made a donation to the organization.
They will hold the giveaway on December 16th at the Norview Recreation Center, 6380 Sewells Point Road in Norfolk from 4-7 p.m.
Shoes will be given to families with vouchers. The children must be there to get the shoes.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it