Local non-profit to hold shoe giveaway for needy kids
A woman featured on NewsChannel 3′s People Taking Action, is working to bring 1,000 smiles to local kids. Next week with the help of rapper Pusha T of the Clipse, she will continue to try to reach her goal of collecting 1,000 shoes for children in Hampton Roads.
Lizetta McKesson says she wants to help kids walk into a brighter future.
She is the founder of the organization, 1,000 Shoes for 1,000 Smiles and she has worked with several retailers and businesses who have helped to support her mission.
She recently partnered with Pusha T and he was able to help her get in touch with Adidas. The company has also made a donation to the organization.
They will hold the giveaway on December 16th at the Norview Recreation Center, 6380 Sewells Point Road in Norfolk from 4-7 p.m.
Shoes will be given to families with vouchers. The children must be there to get the shoes.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen