Two injured in Portsmouth shooting
Portsmouth, Va. – Police are now investigating a shooting in Portsmouth. Two males were injured during the incident.
Calls came in about the shooting at around 6:40 p.m. on Monday.
Police were called out to Arbor Beach Apartments in the 3600 block of Tejo Lane. At this point, police haven’t said exactly where the shooting took place.
The two injured males were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Witnesses say both victims were teens.
“They was real calm and the other guy just quiet, just trying to help him get help,” says David Roulhac who heard a thud at his door.
That’s where he found two boys he says were no older than 15 sitting in the hallway.
Roulhac says both had been shot and rushed there asking him to call 911.
“They were trying to get home and when they heard gunshots. They ran and they ended up getting shot,” says Roulhac.
The two were taken to the hospital and are expected to be okay.
Police haven’t said if there is any suspect description at this time.
If you know anything that can help police with this case, take action against crime and call the CrimeLine at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified