Man arrested after leading police on chase through two cities, hitting police cars
Police have arrested 24 year-old Julius Kinyata Heckstall of Hampton, Virginia for driving under the influence after leading police on a chase through two cities, hitting two police vehicles and finally crashing into a jersey wall.
The trooper attempted to stop the vehicle near Mallory Street but Heckstall would not stop.
Heckstall led police on a chase through Hampton and into Norfolk.
Heckstall exited the interstate at 4th View Street and hit two State Police vehicles near the intersection of Ocean View Avenue and 4th View Street.
Heckstall continued driving onto I-64 westbound where he crashed into a jersey wall and was apprehended by police.
The troopers that were hit did not sustain injuries and there was minor damage to their vehicles.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom