Deployed sailors and Marines to receive free $10 phone cards
Virginia Beach, Va. – Here’s some good holiday news for deployed sailors and Marines.
The Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) will give sailors and Marines deployed on 40 ships and submarines and those forward deployed in overseas ports a free $10 phone card to call loved ones back home.
“This is just one small way that we can thank our service members for their dedicated service to our country,” said Thomas Harris of the NEXCOM Afloat Personal Telecommunications Service Program. “We hope this phone card will bring them closer to their families and friends during the holiday season.”
The $10 AT&T prepaid phone cards can be used via the Afloat Personal Telecommunications Service system, the ship’s Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) system or ashore in the United States or any foreign port where AT&T has a presence. NEXCOM expects to distribute nearly 35,000 free phone cards during the holidays.
Ships that will receive the free phone cards are:
USS San Jacinto
USS The Sullivans
USS Mount Whitney
USS Harpers Ferry
USS New Orleans
USS City of Corpus Christi
USS North Carolina
USS Santa Fe
USS Sea Wolf
USS Curtis Wilbur
USS George Washington
USS John S. McCain
USS Bonhomme Richard
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen