Woman dies after being hit by vehicle in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Police say 84 year old Omega L. Hill from the 1700 block of Campostella Rd. has died from her injuries after she was hit by a vehicle in Norfolk on Friday night.
Emergency crews received calls about the accident at around 7 p.m.
“Miss Hill was one of the best neighbors that I could ever have, she has been my neighbor for over 20 years, she was a very nice lady,” said Joan Spaulding.
The incident happened on Campostella Rd. and Greenleaf Dr. Chris Amos with the Norfolk Police Department says the woman was hit as she was crossing the road a block away from her house.
Neighbors said Hill had taken the bus to do some bargain hunting on the biggest shopping day of the year, but they believe she was on her way to this 7-11 before the accident.
Neighbors said she played the lottery every day in hopes of getting lucky.
“She was a very lovely lady, and may god bless her soul. I know she is in heaven ,” said Spaulding.
Spaulding also said although the ending to this holiday week was sad for those that knew Hill, it serves as a good reminder for others to cherish the time they have with their loved ones.
Police say the vehicle that hit Hill stopped at the scene. Investigators are talking with the Commonwealth Attorney to see if any charges will be filed.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’