Man seriously injured in Suffolk skydiving accident
Suffolk, Va. – A 23-year-old man was seriously injured Sunday afternoon in a skydiving accident at Suffolk Executive Airport.
Police were called to the airport on Gene Bolton Drive shortly before 4 p.m.
According to city spokesperson Diana Klink, the John Talbot Brown’s parachute did open, but the he had a hard landing.
Brown is a member of the U.S. Navy stationed at Little Creek.
Klink says Brown was airlifted to Sentara Norfolk General hospital with serious injuries. He is in critical condition.
Brown is an experienced skydiver and had successfully jumped several times earlier in the day. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery