Va. Aquarium to host speaker on recent dolphin deaths
The Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center will feature Stranding Response Research Coordinator Susan G. Barco on Sunday to speak on the recent dolphin deaths plaguing the East Coast.
Barco will present “Dolphin Die-off: Unraveling the Mystery” at 2:00 p.m. in the IMAX Theater.
Since July of 2013, more than 650 bottlenose dolphins have died in the mid-Atlantic region from New York through North Carolina. The Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response Team has been at the epicenter of this historic mortality event, responding to more than 330 stranded dolphins in the state.
Barco will use facts, figures and amazing photographs to explain how scientists are unraveling the mysteries behind these marine mammal deaths and what we hope to learn in the future.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend