Surveillance video: Woman robbed at Newport News ATM
Newport News, Va. - Newport News Police are looking for a man involved in an armed robbery at the Wells Fargo bank ATM at Thimble Shoals and Jefferson on November 9th at 10:04 p.m.
Police say the victim, a 45-year-old Newport News woman, told them she was robbed at gunpoint while making a cash deposit.
The victim was making the deposit when she heard footsteps approaching her driver’s side window.
The man pointed a handgun at her face and demanded money. The victim complied and sped away.
The man then ran in the opposite direction, stopped, and fired rounds in her direction. The victim was not injured.
At 10:05 PM a BOLO was put out for a black male wearing a grey hoodie, dark jeans with a bandana covering his face fleeing on foot east bound towards Pilot House Dr.
The robbery remains under investigation.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery