Newport News man arrested for sending inappropriate text messages to teen
Antoine Johnson Jr.
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News man has been arrested and charged with sending inappropriate texts to a teenage girl.
On October 10, 2013, Newport News police were notified by a Hampton detective that they had been investigating a case of a 14-year-old Hampton girl having received inappropriate text messages that had been reported by the girl’s parents.
Police found that the messages had been sent while the suspect was in Newport News.
The police investigation led to the arrest of 29-year-old Antoine Johnson. He was arrested at his home in the 400 block of King Arthur Court in Newport News on November 14, 2013 at 8:40 p.m., police tell NewsChannel 3.
Police say the victim knows the suspect as an acquaintance.
Johnson is charged with one count of using a communications system to facilitate certain offenses involving children, and was placed in the custody of the Newport News City Jail.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen