Man dies following accident at demolition site in York Co.
According to the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, a man has died in an accident at a demolition site in York County.
The incident occurred at what was formerly a Knight Inn.
The owner of Atlantic Clearing and Grading, a Virginia Beach company, says the man killed was picking up scrap metal to make some extra money. However, he was not an employee of the company — just a friend of the family.
OSHA investigators haven’t released any details on exactly what happened, only saying the man was found with life-threatening injuries around 10:40 a.m. He was rushed to the hospital but did not make it.
NewsChannel 3 is working to gather additional details. They will be posted as they become available.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations