Local malls to open on Thanksgiving Day
Major retailers want you shopping earlier.
Gone is the Black Friday buzz as stores are open for business on Thanksgiving evening, leaving malls and smaller stores moving quickly to adjust their hours.
Black Friday has gone from early mornings, to the middle of the night, to now not even being on Friday at all.
J.C. Penney and Macy’s are opening at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, forcing malls like Lynnhaven to open earlier than previously planned.
Lynnhaven isn’t officially open on Thanksgiving night, but many of the big retailers will be, and a handful of smaller stores will set up for business as well.
The mall has given all its stores a Friday deadline to decide whether they’ll open up before the clock goes from Turkey Day to shop away.
Greenbrier in Chesapeake is in the same predicament.
By midweek, it expects to have a full list of the stores opening on Thanksgiving night.
Pembroke Mall will have some of its biggest stores open, but the mall itself and the stores not directly accessible from the outside will be closed until midnight.
On the Peninsula, Patrick Henry Mall will have the majority of its stores open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified