Gale Warning issued for coastal Virginia and N. Carolina waters
The National Weather Service has issued a Gale Warning that will remain in effect until 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
The warning affects coastal waters from Parramore Island in Accomack County to the Currituck Beach Lighthouse in North Carolina and extends 20 miles out to sea.
* WINDS: 34 TO 47 KNOTS WITHIN THE GALE WARNING.
* SEAS: 5 TO 8 FEET.
Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight