Gale Warning issued for coastal Virginia and N. Carolina waters
The National Weather Service has issued a Gale Warning that will remain in effect until 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
The warning affects coastal waters from Parramore Island in Accomack County to the Currituck Beach Lighthouse in North Carolina and extends 20 miles out to sea.
* WINDS: 34 TO 47 KNOTS WITHIN THE GALE WARNING.
* SEAS: 5 TO 8 FEET.
Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains