Arrest warrant: Father of teen found dead ignored son’s medical condition
Hampton, Va. – A Hampton arrest warrant says Anthony James Brooks ignored his teen son’s medical problems and the boy died as a result.
Anthony Brooks was arrested Monday.
According to the arrest warrant, the father of five ignored his 14-year-old son’s medical distress.
Brooks’ son, Antonio Brooks, was found dead in a Hampton house last week.
Child Protective Services interviewed the other siblings and found that Antonio had made his condition known to Anthony Brooks over the weekend but he failed to seek medical assistance.
Anthony Brooks is being held without bail. He is charged with child abuse/neglect with reckless disregard for life. Court records filed in the case say he has no criminal history.
His trial is set for December 10th.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million