Update: Two adults identified as parents of baby involved in SUV crash
UPDATE: Officials tell NewsChannel 3 that the four month old baby boy, Iker, is currently being treated at CHKD in Norfolk and is in critical condition.
The two adults that were in the vehicle are the parents of the baby boy involved in this crash.
The driver and mother of the child, Maria Ramos, is being treated for her injuries at a hospital in Newport News. The father, Adain Alvarado-Perez, suffered from injuries to his hand but is otherwise reported to be ok.
No charges have been filed at this time as officials are still investigating this vehicle accident.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News Police Officers responded to a call around 4PM today about a woman who crashed her Saturn Vue SUV into a tree.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Bellwood Road and Tyler Avenue. The woman was making a right turn onto Bellwood Road when she hit the accelerator instead of the brakes. That is when she hit the tree.
Officials say the female driver, Maria Ramos, is suffering from serious injuries. A four month old baby and male passenger were also in the vehicle at the time of the accident. The four month old baby has serious injuries to his lower body. The male passenger was also hurt.
Police are still investigating whether the baby was properly restrained in the car.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 as we bring you more on this developing story.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel