Two people shot after party in Newport News
photo courtesy of NewsChannel 3
Newport News Va. – Police are investigating a shooting at a party that left two people wounded early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened in the 1100 block of 22nd Street. When officers arrived, several people were at the residence and told officers that one person was shot and left to go to the hospital.
Sometime later, off-duty officers working at the night club The Alley encountered a 23-year-old man who was suffering from gunshot wounds to the thigh and foot who had driven himself to the club.
He was then taken to the hospital.
Officers were also told of a second gunshot victim, but that victim has not been located nor has that victim shown up at local hospitals.
The first victim told officers he was outside the party when he was robbed. While he was being robbed, individuals from the party came outside and the person with the gun fired several shots striking him.
The case remains under investigation. Police are asking for anyone with information please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested