October Weather Recap
Soggy and warm… Probably the best way to sum up October’s weather in Hampton Roads and Northeastern North Carolina.
All four of our local climate sites reported rainfall totals above average this month, but there are still some deficits for the yearly totals.
Average temperatures ranged between one and four degrees above normal. Here is a closer look at the numbers:
Hottest: 89°, Coldest: 37°, Average: 63.8°, Avg vs Norm: +1.7
Rainfall: 4.13″, vs Avg: +0.71″, 8 days of measurable rain
YTD Precip: 38.33″, YTD vs Avg: -1.79″
Hottest: 88°, Coldest: 30°, Average: 63.5°, Avg vs Norm: +1.1
Rainfall: 5.73″, vs Avg: +2.66″, 9 days of measurable rain
YTD Precip: 36.60″, YTD vs Avg: -4.36″
Hottest: 90°, Coldest: 33°, Average: 63.3°, Avg vs Norm: +4.2
Rainfall: 4.20″, vs Avg: +1.03″, 8 days of measurable rain
YTD Precip: 34.86″, YTD vs Avg: +0.32″
Hottest: 85°, Coldest: 46°, Average: 67.5°, Avg vs Norm: +1.7
Rainfall: 9.45″, vs Avg: +4.07, 11 days of measurable rain
YTD Precip: 45.48″, YTD vs Avg: -3.34″
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach