Suspect identified in Hampton convenience store shooting
Hampton Police have identified a 25-year-old man as the suspect in a shooting that occurred Wednesday just after 3:00 p.m. at a convenience store in the 100 block of East Mercury Boulevard.
Police say they received a call in reference to the shooting and arrived to find a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the upper torso.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non life-threatening injuries. He remains hospitalized as of Friday.
The family confirms to NewsChannel 3 that the man who was shot in his upper body was 28-year-old Sean Frank.
“He never messed with nobody. Never went out for drama. None of that,” says a family member.
Anyone with information on the shooting or the whereabouts of the suspect should call Hampton Police at 727-6111 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton