Route 13 in Northampton County reopens after crash
All lanes are now open after Virginia State Police Troopers shut down Route 13 Northbound at Townsend Drive in Northampton County on Wednesday morning, due to a two vehicle accident with serious injuries.
The call came in at approximately 9:21 a.m. Wednesday morning, October 30, 2013. Police say a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado attempted to cross over Route 13, when it was struck by a box truck. The driver of the Chevrolet, Jackson Parker, of Cape Charles, suffered non life threatening injuries. The four occupants in the box truck did not suffer any injuries, police say.
Upon impact from the Chevrolet, the box truck flipped on its side and exposed three cans of propane gas. Troopers shut down both the northbound and southbound lanes for precautionary measures until fire and rescue crews could clear the scene.
Currently, the investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested