LPGA announces world’s top players will return to Kingsmill
LPGA announced Tuesday the world’s top players will return to the Kingsmill resort through 2017.
Next year’s tournament will be held May 15 – May 18 with a $1.3 million dollar purse, officials say.
“Everything about Kingsmill is top-notch – from the incredible resort, to the championship River Course venue, to the way they treat both the players and fans,” said LPGA Commissioner Michael Whan. “I’m so excited about our long-term partnership, as it ensures that we’ll continue this wonderful tradition of showcasing the best golfers in the world, at one of the best golf resorts in the world.”
Stay tuned for more, on the NewsChannel 3 Locker Room Show.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'