Man charged with attempted robbery in Newport News
Sean Patrick Connolly
UPDATE: Sean Patrick Connolly is currently in the Hampton City Jail; his Newport News warrants are active and have not been served. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
Newport News, Va. – A man is wanted for attempted robbery in Newport News.
It happened on October 24, 2013 at 11:45 p.m. Police responded to the 7-Eleven store at 3314 West Avenue.
The clerk reported that a white male, wearing a black leather coat, jeans, and a mask (a black watch cap with the eyes cut out) attempted to rob the store.
The clerks also told police the same man had been in the store earlier speaking with another person who police describe as Navy personnel, who purchased a beverage for the man.
The suspect left the store and then came back in with his hat pulled down over his eyes. The suspect approached the register and said, “Give me the money”, implying he had a weapon. The clerk refused to give the suspect any money, police say, and the second clerk pressed the panic alarm. The suspect ran away from the store, toward the Pentran bus station.
The suspect has been identified as 36-year-old Sean Patrick Connolly.
Connolly is homeless, police say. He is 5’11 and 205 pounds.
Connolly is charged with attempted robbery and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Sean Patrick Connolly is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.