Coast Guard suspends search for missing man in Chesapeake Bay
The Coast Guard has suspended a search for a 32-year-old man who reportedly fell overboard into the Chesapeake Bay on Monday.
They say he fell from the Fleeton, a 170-foot fishing vessel, during the vessel’s southbound transit into the bay.
The Master of the Fleeton called the Coast Guard at around 9 a.m. on Monday morning about the incident.
They say the crew member, identified as Bernard Redmond, was last seen as the boat was in the Chesapeake Bay and he hadn’t been seen or heard from in hours.
Crews were then dispatched to assist in the search.
The Coast Guard searched for approximately 21 hours covering 300 square nautical miles.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery