Portsmouth Police arrest suspect after attempted abduction
Portsmouth, Va. – Portsmouth Police have arrested a man who is wanted in connection with an early morning abduction attempt in the 100 block of Beacon Road.
Police say on Friday morning at approximately 9:21 a.m., detectives were notified of the incident which occurred earlier in the morning.
Detectives say a teenage female victim was walking down the street when she was approached by a man who asked her to go with him.
When the victim refused, the suspect grabbed her and tried to pull her with him.
The victim was able to get away, and ran to the bus stop at Elliott Avenue and Beacon Road, where other students were standing.
The victim went to school and notified the School Resource Officer of the incident.
He was taken into custody by Portsmouth Police around 2:35 p.m. Friday on outstanding warrants for abduction and assault and battery.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Update: Bonner Bridge closes over safety concerns
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says