PVT Herbert Powles
Today we honor private Herbert Powles.
He served in the late 1930s for the civilian conservation corp working to build state parks – specifically Douthat State Park, which is located in the Allegheny mountains in Virginia.
Private Powles served in World War II as a vehicle mechanic – servicing jeeps in Germany.
He was married to his wife “Ruth” for 63 years.
Private Powles passed in October 2007 at age 91.
He had 3 children, 6 granchildren and 4 great-grand children.
We thank him for his service.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery