Students still coping after fatal Beach school bus accident
Virginia Beach, Va. – Natalia Torres sat in the second seat on bus #66 on Tuesday morning as it crashed into a car. A man was killed.
“It happened very quickly. It sort of felt like slow motion, but not at the same time, because it all just happened,” Natalia says.
The bus was on the way to Bayside High School.
It was carrying students from all over the city who attend Bayside Health and Science Academy.
Eleven students went to the hospital and the other 24 headed to school to meet up with their parents.
That’s where Natalia and her mom were reunited.
“I needed that motherly comfort and everything,” she says. “I was very relieved to see her there.. someone to comfort me.”
And her mother felt the same.
“I was freaking out, crying. I’m still shaken up inside and she kept telling me that she was okay but until I actually saw her for myself, I wasn’t going to believe that she was okay,” her mother says.
But for Natalia, getting over what happened will be a challenge.
“Seeing the guy underneath the bus and all the ambulances and the police officers and everything… I’m still really shook up. I’m still very emotional about it,” she says.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's