Annual Olde Towne Ghost Walk in Portsmouth
Portsmouth, Va. – We have some special guests on WGNT this morning – talking about haunted houses, spooky mansions, and more – right here in Hampton Roads.
Based on the Jack-the-Ripper Walks in London, participants in the 33rd annual Olde Towne GhostWalk will be treated to some of the most haunting stories of Portsmouth’s past.
Guides take spectators on a walk past haunted houses and mansions of Olde Towne, a 20-square block, 500 building area on the National Register of Historic Places. At each house on the tour, actors in appropriate costume will retell the legends of ghostly visitations and things that go bump in the night. Cameras are welcome. Houses are private properties and not open to the public. Call (757) 525-0318 for general tour and ticket information.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’