Fayetteville man charged in shooting death of his daughter
Fayetteville, Nc. – A North Carolina man was charged and arrested today in connection with the shooting death of his two-year-old daughter, police said.
According to Fayetteville police, Melvin Andre Clark Jr., 19, was charged with involuntary manslaughter and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Police say Clark left a loaded .22 semi-automatic pistol under the living room couch where his daughter, Samarri Tyana Beauford, was playing. Samarri found the gun and accidentally shot herself.
She was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center about 12:30 p.m. Saturday, where she later died.
Clark was being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center Sunday evening under a $50,000 secured bond.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth