UPDATE: Hampton woman killed in early-morning shooting identified
Hampton, Va. – A woman was shot and killed in an early-morning shooting in the 300 block of Greenbriar Avenue.
Police received a 911 call about the shooting at 12:05am.
When officers arrived they found the woman, identified as 29-year-old Michelle Williams, in front of a home. She had suffered gunshot wounds to the upper torso and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The circumstances and the motive are still under investigation. There is currently no suspect information.
Anyone with information that will assist police is encouraged to contact the Hampton Police Division at 727-6111 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Tipsters can also send an anonymous tip via text message to the Crime Line by texting “HAMPTONPDTIPS plus your tip” to 274637 (CRIMES).
Crime Line callers remain anonymous and never appear in court. If a Crime Line call results in an arrest, the caller is eligible for a reward up to $1,000.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean