Don’t Waste Your Money: Innovative Packaging
Packaging can drive you crazy. Bags that don`t reseal, dispensers that don`t reach everything, and bottles that drip.
But Consumer Reports says these products offer a solution.
In the kitchen, forget rummaging for a cleaner. Windex Touch-Up is designed to sit on the counter. A single tap gets you just the amount you need; nothing wasted.
Tod Marks is Consumer Reports` packaging expert, and he`s seen it all.
Clorox Clean-Up engineers came up with a simple solution. The ‘straw’ goes down the side of the bottle to the very bottom, so you can reach every drop.
“Boy, do we love it when things make sense,” says Marks.
And when it comes to messy medicines with missing caps, Neosporin has a better idea.
Neo to Go is a neat little dispenser that delivers a single dose. And it can`t make a mess in your purse.
Olivari olive oil has a no-drip spout that keeps the oil from dripping down the side.
And a Better Oats oatmeal pouch saves you a step. Pour out the oats and fill to the water line. No measuring cup needed.
And good news for Fido. His food won`t go stale with a package from Hills. It has a Velcro close that keeps the bag shut tight.
“Some of these products can cost more than the older version. But for added convenience, reduced waste, and reduced annoyance, can you really put a price on that?” says Marks.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!