UPDATE: Virginia Beach babysitter sentenced to 45 years in child’s death
UPDATE: A judge sentenced Brenda Garner to 45 years in prison with 23 years suspended, leaving 22 years to be served in prison. Judge Padrick ordered that upon her release from prison, Garner have no unsupervised contact with children, remain on supervised probation indefinitely, and that she cannot provide childcare – paid or unpaid.
Virginia Beach, Va. – A babysitter convicted of murdering the child in her care is scheduled to be sentenced.
Two-year-old Garrett King died from a skull fracture, widespread brain damage, and nerve damage back in November.
Brenda Garner admitted to sweeping Garrett off his feet, and causing him to hit his head several times on the day of his death.
An autopsy revealed Garrett died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head.
Garner faces up to 50 years in prison.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested