Portsmouth woman wins $100,000
Portsmouth, Va. – A woman in Portsmouth is now the proud owner of the $100,000 prize in the Cash 5 Virginia Lottery game.
When Jennifer Winbourne-Smith‘s husband saw the winning numbers in the Virginia Lottery’s October 12 Cash 5 night drawing, he exclaimed, “I must be seeing things!”
He saw those exact numbers on his wife’s ticket. She matched all five numbers to win the $100,000 top prize.
“You’re not going to believe this!” he said as he gave her the good news.
“Stop playing!” she replied.
The ticket, which was purchased at High Street BP/Amoco, 2200 High Street in Portsmouth, matched the winning numbers 2-3-7-11-17. Her husband chose the numbers.
Winbourne-Smith said she and her husband expect to use the winnings to pay bills and possibly start their own business.
Cash 5 drawings are held daily at 1:59 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. The chances of winning the $100,000 top prize are 1 in 278,256.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call