Woman says she was stabbed, robbed in Chesapeake grocery store parking lot
Chesapeake, Va. – As a woman was putting her groceries in her car, she says a man came up and stabbed her.
“You can see that her neck, you know right here, was cut all up, but she didn’t notice that at first. She was more focused on her hand,” said Wally Brooks.
Brooks was with the woman Sunday night, standing behind her in line at the Food Lion just off Route 13 in Chesapeake.
He was being rung up when she ran back into the grocery store saying a man had cut and robbed her.
“I gave her my shirt so I could put it over top of her neck and I seen a man run across the street,” said Brooks.
It was dark, and even with the parking lot lights, it was tough for Brooks to get a good look at the man. But he recognized his clothes and realized that he had seen him before.
Brooks says he saw the robber standing at the store’s entrance when he walked in.
“He was just standing against the little bulletin board thing, but we didn’t pay him no mind,” Brooks said.
The woman was taken to the hospital. The robber ran off with her bag, leaving her car and groceries in the Food Lion parking lot.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery