Woman says she was stabbed, robbed in Chesapeake grocery store parking lot
Chesapeake, Va. – As a woman was putting her groceries in her car, she says a man came up and stabbed her.
“You can see that her neck, you know right here, was cut all up, but she didn’t notice that at first. She was more focused on her hand,” said Wally Brooks.
Brooks was with the woman Sunday night, standing behind her in line at the Food Lion just off Route 13 in Chesapeake.
He was being rung up when she ran back into the grocery store saying a man had cut and robbed her.
“I gave her my shirt so I could put it over top of her neck and I seen a man run across the street,” said Brooks.
It was dark, and even with the parking lot lights, it was tough for Brooks to get a good look at the man. But he recognized his clothes and realized that he had seen him before.
Brooks says he saw the robber standing at the store’s entrance when he walked in.
“He was just standing against the little bulletin board thing, but we didn’t pay him no mind,” Brooks said.
The woman was taken to the hospital. The robber ran off with her bag, leaving her car and groceries in the Food Lion parking lot.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly