UPDATE: Bond denied for Norfolk mother charged in death of one-month-old baby
Norfolk, Va. – Asia Jatanya Foster, a Norfolk mother, has been charged in connection to the death of her one-month-old daughter, Audree Michelle Foster.
She was denied bond on Thursday morning.
Rescue crews were called out to a home in the 400 block of Walsingham Way on Saturday about a baby who was unresponsive. Audree was taken to DePaul Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
On Tuesday, the Medical Examiner’s Office determined the baby’s death to be a homicide.
The prosecuting attorney in the case revealed in court that the baby had 14 bruises on her face and head.
Asia testified that the baby would often hit herself – and that’s how she got all the bruises.
The day the baby died, Asia said she was turning colors and that she gave her CPR but it was too late and called 911.
The defense attorney also said since Asia had difficulty giving birth to the baby, that may have played a rule in the child’s death
The exact cause of death has not been released yet.
Foster was charged and is now being held in the Norfolk City Jail.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth