UPDATE: About 200 without power in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – More than 800 customers lost power in Virginia Beach Monday morning, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
It happened at 11 a.m., Monday, October 14. Approximately 881 customers were affected in the Diamond Springs Rd./Northampton Blvd. area. The outage also affected Shelton Park Elementary School.
The outage was caused by a third party cutting a tree. The tree fell onto a primary conductor, according to Bonita Harris of Dominion Virginia Power.
At 11:55 a.m., power was restored to 637 customers after a 54 minute outage; 244 customers remain without power, Harris says.
All customers are estimated to have power restored between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Monday evening.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel