VA State Police investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash in Accomack County
Accomack, Va. – Virginia State Police is investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash that took place in Accomack County Friday night (Oct. 11).
The crash occurred at 8:09 p.m. on Big Pine Road less than a mile north of Shell Bridge Road.
A 2007 Ford Expedition was southbound on Big Pine Road when it crossed the center line and struck a northbound 1998 Lincoln Town Car.
The Expedition then overturned and caught fire.
The driver of the Expedition, Juan A. Escobedo Jr., 32, of Bowling Green, Fla., died at the scene.
The driver of the Lincoln, Irvan T. Costan, 65, of Onancock, Va., died at the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Stay with NewsChannel 3 as we bring you more on this developing story.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call