VA State Police investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash in Accomack County
Accomack, Va. – Virginia State Police is investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash that took place in Accomack County Friday night (Oct. 11).
The crash occurred at 8:09 p.m. on Big Pine Road less than a mile north of Shell Bridge Road.
A 2007 Ford Expedition was southbound on Big Pine Road when it crossed the center line and struck a northbound 1998 Lincoln Town Car.
The Expedition then overturned and caught fire.
The driver of the Expedition, Juan A. Escobedo Jr., 32, of Bowling Green, Fla., died at the scene.
The driver of the Lincoln, Irvan T. Costan, 65, of Onancock, Va., died at the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Stay with NewsChannel 3 as we bring you more on this developing story.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen