Grommet Island Park closed due to weather
Virginia Beach, Va. – Grommet Island Park located on 2nd Street by the boardwalk at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, will be closed until further notice.
Officials say today’s storm has pushed large amounts of sand onto the playground, which will need to be removed before the park can reopen for safe use.
Work will be completed after the storm passes, officials say, but there is no estimated time for its reopening.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!