Apartment fire in Suffolk leaves 8 adults and 2 children searching for a new home
courtesy of City of Suffolk Fire & Rescue
Suffolk, Va. – Today, Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to an apartment building fire on the 600 block of Hillpoint Boulevard at the Hillpoint Woods Apartment complex.
Responders say the call came in at 4:50 p.m., and they were on the scene at 4:54 p.m.
Officials say the fire was contained to one second floor apartment and the attic area. However, four units were damaged, resulting in displacement of 8 adults and 2 children.
Firefighters rescued a dog from the second floor apartment where the fire originated.
Three engines and two ladder trucks, Battalion 1, Rescue 1, Rehab 6, Medic 6A and EMS 1 responded to the fire. The fire was under control at 5:31 p.m.
Property Management for the complex is assisting those individuals that have been displaced.
No injuries have been reported at this time. The Suffolk Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the cause of the fire.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!